Thursday, January 05, 2006

Stephen Cannell

Living in Iowa, it's not always to keep track of what Hwood people are up to. Even with the Internet, their lives might as well be lived on Mars.

All I knew about Stephen Cannell--or thought I knew--was that he'd left TV a decade ago to write novels. But now I see his name attached to a couple of new projects.

Except for a few people like Roy Huggins, Cannell, for me anyway, brought more hours of enjoyment to the TV screen than any other writer-producer. Even though I could never get through an entire episode of the A-Team, I could see its particular satiric brilliance.

Right now the only show that I truly deeply love is Monk. That could be a Cannell show. It's quirky and funny enough.

I have no idea what Cannell's current TV projects are but it'll be sure nice to see his name on the screen again.

2 Comments:

Blogger mtmorgan said...

Ever read any of his books? I've been tempted a time or two. Love stuff set in LALALAND.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Gormania said...

Never read any of his books. They don't look like the kind of stuff I like. I know that's unfair but with so much sure things to read, I don't have time for much else.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home