Monday, December 19, 2005

Richard Matheson; Trevanian

As much as I like those 750 page collections of short stories, they're hell to manipulate in bed. They are for me, anyway.

Edge Books, an imprint of our friends at Gauntlet Press, have done old-timers like me the favor of taking the huge volume of Richard Matheson's epic Collected Stories and, with the help of editor Stanley Wiater, turned it into four handsome, affordable ($16.95) volumes.

The book I'm looking at is volume three and it's the best so far containing, as it does, some genuine masterpieces that will outlast us all. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, The Likeness of Julie, Mute, Girl of My Dreams, Shock Wave, Prey and Duel are just a few other stories here, along with remarks by such folks as Harlan Ellison, Stephen King. Dennis Etchison and Richard Christian Matheson.

This is a book you'll keep for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home