Friday, December 23, 2005

Catching up

Tom Wallace said he hasn't seen any new fiction of mine for some time. I have a new noir western from Berkley out just now, Shoot First. I'd been reading Lionel White and I thought it would be fun to do one of his multiple-viewpoint stories that don't read like mysteries but are in fact fair clued--as you learn in the last of the book. This week my agent got me six foreign sales for novels of mine (not huge dough but needed and appreciated) and I sold a very long story to Ellery Queen and a short one to Jeff Gelb for an anthology of his and then (believe it or not) a western short to a history of popular fiction anthology. And it looks as if a story of mine will be adapated to a crime show in Canada. It's true that given my health I don't write as much as I once did but that may not be a bad thing. And given all our medical expenses, this is the kind of week we need every once in a while to reassure ourselves that we won't end up in ahomeless shelter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home